- ¼ cup light brown CRYSTAL SUGAR®
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup unsalted butter (1 stick), room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups powdered CRYSTAL SUGAR®
- 9 cups Rice Chex™ cereal (roughly 1 – 12 oz. box)
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add light brown sugar, chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter. Heat in the microwave at 30 second intervals until chocolate chips are soft. Using a whisk or wooden spoon, stir until all is smooth.
- Add vanilla and mix.
- Place Rice Chex™ cereal in a 13-quart mixing bowl. Pour chocolate-peanut butter mixture on top and gently stir with a spatula until all Rice Chex™ cereal is coated. Set bowl aside and line a baking tray with parchment paper for later use.
- Using 2 separate gallon plastic food bags, add half of the powdered sugar to each bag. Working in batches (about 1–2 cups at a time), add coated Rice Chex™ cereal to bag with powdered sugar, seal, then shake until the Rice Chex™ cereal is coated with sugar. Remove finished puppy chow and spread out on prepared baking sheet. Repeat until all puppy chow is made. When finished, discard plastic bag with powdered sugar.
- Let puppy chow cool, dry, and set, about 1 hour.
- Serve immediately.
Yield: 30 servings