“We begged for this recipe at a family reunion. It took a while, but my sister-in-law finally gave it up.”
¾ cup shortening
1 cup granulated CRYSTAL SUGAR®
4 teaspoons molasses
1 cup flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons cloves
1 rounded teaspoon ginger
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream shortening and sugar. Add egg and molasses.
- Sift spices with flour and add to egg mixture. Mix well.
- Shape into small balls and roll in granulated sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes. Watch closely, as they brown very fast.
Yield: 3 dozen cookies.