For the Crust:
- 2 cups gluten gree (GF) graham cracker crumbs (15 crackers)
- 1 Tablespoon granulated CRYSTAL SUGAR®
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For the Filling:
- 2½ pounds cream cheese, room temperature
- 1½ cups granulated CRYSTAL SUGAR®
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 large egg yolks, room temperature
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons grated lemon zest (1 lemon)
- 1½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
For the Topping:
- 1 pint raspberries, fresh
- ½ cup granulated CRYSTAL SUGAR®
Crust and Filling
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- To make crust, combine the graham cracker crumbs, granulated sugar and melted butter.
- Pour into 9-inch springform pan. Press crumbs into bottom of pan and 1-inch up the sides. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and cool crust to room temperature. Raise oven temperature to 450°F.
- To make filling, mix cream cheese and sugar in a bowl on medium-high until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Reduce speed to medium and add the eggs and egg yolks, one at a time, mixing well. Pour mixture into springform pan. Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 225°F and bake for another 1 hour. Turn the oven off and open the door wide, leaving cake in oven for 30 minutes. The cake will not be completely set in the center.
- Take the cake out and allow it to sit at room temperature for 3 hours, until completely cooled.
- Wrap and refrigerate overnight, then remove cake from springform pan by carefully running a hot knife around the outside of the cake. Leave the cake on the bottom of the springform pan for serving.
- To make the topping, in a bowl, toss the raspberries, 1 Tbsp. lemon zest and sugar gently until well mixed. The berries will create a sweet juice and retain the shape of the berry. Arrange berries on top of the cake. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Yield: 12 to 15 servings