“This German recipe has been in my family for three generations. My grandmother began working on it and modified it to make it tasty and delicious. I have to keep it out of sight of the men in my family or they’ll eat it all before anyone else gets a piece.”
2 cups granulated CRYSTAL SUGAR®
3 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups grated zucchini
2 cups plus 1 tablespoon flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
¼ teaspoon baking powder
2½ teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
¾ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix and beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla. Then add the oil plus zucchini and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, blend together the last six ingredients. Add to the creamed mixture. Mix well.
- Pour batter into two greased and floured loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 1 hour.