- 6 cups sliced strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 4 cups sliced rhubarb, fresh or frozen
- 3 cups granulated CRYSTAL SUGAR®, divided
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 teaspoons orange zest (1 orange)
- 3 (0.25 oz each) gelatin powder packets
- 1 cup water, divided
- In a nonreactive bowl, mix the strawberries and rhubarb with ½ cup of granulated sugar and the cinnamon stick. Stir together, then set aside and allow it to macerate/absorb the sugar into the liquid.
- Add the orange zest and remaining sugar to the fruit, stirring to combine.
- Add the gelatin packets to ½ cup of water.
- In a 6 qt. stockpot, combine the fruit and sugar mixture with the remaining water, and simmer until the fruit releases its juices.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer for about 20 minutes or until the fruit breaks down easily with a whisk.
- Remove from heat and stir in the gelatin mixture. The jam will thicken more as it cools.
- Ladle into hot, sterile jars, and seal with lids and rings. Hold refrigerated or proceed to canning according to your jar’s instructions.
Yield: 64 oz. or 8 – 8oz. jars