- ½ cup unsalted butter (+ more to butter the pan)
- ¼ cup evaporated milk (+ more as needed)
- 3½ cups powdered CRYSTAL SUGAR® (1 pound)
- ½ cup unsweetened baking cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a 9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper with a 1-inch overhang on each side. Butter the lining.
- Place ½ cup of butter and evaporated milk into a small saucepan. Heat slowly over low heat until the butter is completely melted.
- Remove from heat, and stir in the powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and vanilla until completely blended.
- Press the fudge mixture into the prepared pan using a rubber spatula. Cover with additional foil or paper so the fudge does not dry out.
- Chill until cool enough to handle by letting it rest on an elevated bake rack.
- Remove from the pan by lifting the lining carefully. Remove the lining and cut into squares.
Yield: 20 portions