“This easy-to-make dessert has been a family favorite for more than 70 years. It is equally good made from fresh or canned peaches.”
1/3 cup melted butter
½ cup firmly packed light brown CRYSTAL SUGAR®
1½ cups flour
1 cup granulated CRYSTAL SUGAR®
3 teaspoons baking powder
Milk (see directions)
5 tablespoons melted butter
5 fresh peaches or one 28-ounce can of peaches, drained
- Pour the 1/3 cup melted butter in a 9 x 13-inch pan and sprinkle the brown sugar over the butter.
- Peel and slice peaches and lay over close together on the mixture. Or, if using canned peaches, re-slice any thicker ones and lay the same.
- Put flour in mixing bowl with sugar and baking powder.
- Take an empty one-cup measuring cup and break the eggs into it, filling the cup with milk. Add to dry ingredients and beat until mixed.
- Last, add 5 tablespoons melted butter and beat. Pour over peaches.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out of the cake mixture clean. Invert the cake onto a cookie sheet as soon as it comes out of the oven or soon after.
- Serve with whipped cream or whipped topping. Good warm or cold.
Yield: 12 servings.