“This recipe has been a favorite of all the children and grandchildren in our family. One of my nephews even asked for a quart of it as a graduation gift. Use the microwave to reheat sauce – stirring often.”
½ cup margarine
4 squares unsweetened baking chocolate (1 ounce each)
3 cups granulated CRYSTAL SUGAR®
½ teaspoon salt
1 can evaporated milk (1 2/3 cups)
- Melt margarine and chocolate together over low heat, remove from stove.
- Add the sugar very slowly and stir until smooth. Add the salt.
- Stir the milk into mixture, slowly.
- Bring mixture just to a boil, but do not boil.
- Makes sauce for ice cream topping, cake topping, pudding topping, etc.
Yield: 1 quart sauce.
Hint: This sauce can be refrigerated in a quart-sized jar and reheated many times. It will not crystalize. Delicious.