- 2 pounds carrots, peeled
- ½ cup dark brown CRYSTAL SUGAR®
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tablespoon light olive oil
- ½ teaspoon fine salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cut each carrot in half, then halve thicker ends so they are all roughly the same width.
- Toss in a bowl with brown sugar, butter, garlic, oil, salt and pepper. Pour onto a lined baking tray and spread out.
- Roast 15 minutes. Toss, then roast an additional 10 minutes until soft and caramelized on the edges, with plenty of glaze left on the tray.
- Toss carrots again in the glaze until evenly coated, sprinkle with parsley and place on serving platter. Best when served warm, but great as a snack or on a salad when chilled.
Yield: 2 pounds