“My sisters and I get together at least once a year to make these muffins. It brings back childhood memories.”
2 cups flour
1 cup granulated CRYSTAL SUGAR®
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 cup dairy sour cream
1 cup finely diced apples
¼ cup granulated CRYSTAL SUGAR®
3 tablespoons flour
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl, stir together sifted flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a small bowl beat eggs and sour cream. Add at once to dry ingredients, along with the apples. Stir just until well moistened.
- Fill well-greased muffin tins or baking cups to 2/3 full.
- Combine topping ingredients. Sprinkle on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 20–25 minutes.
Yield: 12 servings.
Hint: Can use part brown sugar in streusel topping and a bit less margarine